It is often said that breast milk is best for babies. However, there are circumstances when a mother must choose between breastfeeding her baby or opting for baby formula. Though against the beliefs of breastfeeding advocates, turning to baby formula as an alternate nourishment for babies is not a sin. In today’s generation, different baby formula brands are made more adm 211 practice exam cultured than the ones we had before. There are even organic baby formulas going around the market these days, something we didn’t have before. As a matter of fact, even breastfeeding moms tend to give baby formula when they feel like they are not producing enough breast milk.
Once a mother chooses to give baby formula to her little one, she is obligated to take a closer look on which baby formula brands will suit her baby’s needs. You’ll find that there are various brands available when you walk along the baby formula canada goose Canada Goose mænd isle inside any grocery store. Organic baby formula is fast becoming a popular type of formula among consumers nowadays. Choosing what to give your baby could be tricky because all of these brands promise parajumpers Windbreaker Truman proper nourishment. In order to make the right decision, it is important to learn all you can about the world of baby formula.
3 Forms of Baby Formula:
- Ready-to-use formula. This type of formula comes in handy especially for parents on the go because there is no mixing and no measuring required. As its name implies, you simply need to place it in a bottle and viola! Using ready-to-use formula is best if there is no safe, clean water for you to use. You usually find this formula used in hospitals to give to newborns, especially if the mother is not capable of breastfeeding yet or she personally declared that she opts to give baby formula to her newborn. However, because of the convenience it provides, it is also the most expensive. adm-211 It can cost 20% more per ounce compared to powdered baby formula. The major downside to this formula is that it has the shortest lifespan. The moment you open it, your baby must consume it within 48 hours.
- Concentrated Liquid Formula. This is just like concentrated juice where you just add water then shake it. Still, it is much easier and more convenient to use compared to powdered milk; just mix equal parts of formula and water. Though not as costly as ready-to-use formula, concentrated liquid formula is also more expensive than powdered milk – the price you pay for convenience.
- Powdered Formula. This is the most complex of all 3 formulas – it is the least convenient since you will need to measure the formula and the water before mixing. For example, you will need to mix 1 scoop of the milk powder with every 120 ounces of water. Thus, compared to the first two forms of baby formula, it will take more time preparing it for your baby and it is considerably cheaper. With this type of formula, you will need to be keen on the directions indicated on the container especially when it comes to the measurement of water and powdered milk. Aside from its economic cost, it also has a longer shelf life of one month after you open the container. You can also prepare exactly just what your baby needs, nothing more and nothing less.
Unlike breast milk, baby formula comes in different types (according to ingredients) as well. This is because babies have different needs. Babies might encounter problems like spitting up, gas, and colic but it cannot be solely attributed to the milk. This is why it is advised for parents to stick with one type first for about a couple of weeks before switching to another. Below are the different types of baby formula milk.
Types of Baby Formula:
- Cow’s milk-based formula. This is the most common type of baby formula found in stores and the most recommended by doctors. Because babies cannot digest regular cow’s milk not until he or she turns one, the proteins found in cow’s milk is modified in order to make it easier for your baby to digest.
- Lactose-free formula. The inability to digest lactose, also called lactose intolerance, can occur with some babies. Since lactose is the kind of sugar normally present in milk, some baby formulas are made without it and replaced by a different sugar like corn syrup or the like.
- Soy-based formula. An alternative to cow’s milk-based formula, 25% of babies are fed with soy-based formula for the same reason why some are fed lactose-free milk – some babies are allergic to cow’s milk. Soy-based formulas have no cow’s milk proteins as well as no lactose. Instead of animal protein, it may include vegetable oil, corn syrup, and iron.
- Hypo-allergenic formula. This type of formula is often recommended for children who come from families with a high number of allergies. It is also given as an alternative for babies who are allergic to all three previously mentioned formulas. Though it is still derived from cow’s milk, the proteins therein have been broken down in such a way as to make it easy to digest for most infants which would then rarely cause allergic reactions in them.
- Other specialized formulas. There are other types of formulas that are specially developed for babies with certain conditions such as low-birth weight or a disease that calls for specialized nutrition. Some examples canada goose Chateau Parka are human milk fortifier and metabolic formula.
Whichever path you take regarding what to feed your baby, it is important to be knowledgeable about formulas before you do anything else. Also, practice reading the label of any baby formula you are thinking of buying and try to ask your baby’s pediatrician for ingredients that must be present to properly nourish your baby.